It’s June! Are your kids on summer break? If you have a toddler like me, you are probably trying to find daycare and/or activities to keep them occupied during the day. We’ve scheduled playdates every week as well as signed up for swim lessons again. “Lessons.” Last summer, my baby just kind of clung onto my swimsuit. I hope she’ll be a little more comfortable in the water this time.
Without further ado, here are the week’s:
One Thumb Reading Roundup
I had seen a thread floating in another Facebook group about Beco cutting up their carriers (and being caught on camera doing it). Here is a Facebook post from the founder about these carriers.
- This interview with Sara Ruiz – a NAS engineer – was a fantastic read. Add this to your bookmarks when your kid wants to learn about women in STEM careers!
- This video made me laugh. In case you can’t turn the sound on – because babywearing! – you can read an article summary by Bustle.
- Did you drink kombucha during pregnancy? I did not. Mama Natural’s blog post explains how much alcohol is in kombucha and what you should know before imbibing.
- Watch a live view of Earth from the International Space Station! If you missed it, check out the Facebook interview with three astronauts onboard the ISS. Technology! Sometimes it is the best thing ever!
- National Donut Day is tomorrow, June 3! If you live near a Dunkin Donuts, they’re giving away a free donut with a beverage purchase. Seeing that I love coffee, that should be no problem for me. Better still, Krispy Kreme is just giving away donuts, no purchase necessary.
What have you been reading up on? Any new or exciting news in your neck of the woods?