Post contains affiliate links.
Now that you have a little squish, all you want to do is cuddle and hold them, right? I know that’s all I wanted to do, besides eating like a ravenous lion and taking baby wipe “showers.” I remember not wanting to do anything during the first few months. Then I learned about babywearing. It opened up the proverbial door and I felt I could be that new mom who could go out with her baby alone and DO THINGS.
Here’s what I learned. If you’re a new parent, I hope you get a little motivation from this and some laughs too!
10 Things You Can Do While Babywearing
10. Prep and cook meals. No joke. Those of you who are supermoms can cook while babywearing. I’m afraid of any open flames. Haha! But seriously, please be careful if you are meal prepping or cooking with open flames or sharp objects. I do not condone this at all. Thank you, Instant Pot!
9. Take selfies or make someone take a pic of you. Guilty and guilty. Selfies? For me, it’s proof that there is such a thing as sleepy dust. It’s also a fantastic way to record our babywearing journey and how she’s grown. For the hubby, he just likes to pose for silly photos while babywearing. (Keep scrolling!)
8. Shop at Target. (Insert any shopping needed to be done while babywearing.) People laugh but hey, sometimes, going to Target, drinking a Starbucks and babywearing is the treat. PS – Costco? Babywear. Trust. Don’t even try to bring a stroller to Costco.
7. Maneuver yourself into odd positions while baby sleeps. Hard to see but I’m half-lying on the sofa cushion so that I’m horizontal enough for her to sleep. But not too horizontal or she’d be inverted at an angle. Yeah…
6. Eat over her head. Crumb drops? Sorry, baby! Mama’s got to eat. I’ve never stretched my neck up so high before.
5. Go to Disneyland and other theme parks. I brought a ring sling and a buckle carrier for our amusement park visits. And a stroller!
This year, we traveled to Orlando with our Tula and a stroller. We visited Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando. She needed to nap while I was practically floating in my happy place – Diagon Alley!
4. Travel! The best thing about the Orlando Airport is that they’ll let you babywear and go through security without getting x-rayed. They saw that Spawn was napping in the Tula and waved me over to where they do the swab test. This was so much better than when we departed from LAX – they made her get out of the carrier and walk through the metal detectors.
3. Participate in a 5K. Yep. I did this. We dressed up as ET and Elliott for the 80s 5K Run/Walk. I had her in our running stroller. Just when we started the race, she was crying to get out. Maybe it was just too many people. In the end, I walked the 5K with Spawn in the Ergo.
2. Wade in the water. Hurrah for water slings! Carrying your baby hands-free and hopping a wave is lovely! You have the use of your arms to balance yourself in the water. Baby is secure. Whoop!
1. Breastfeed. Let’s look back to a couple years back when I did another 5K with my friend Sheryl. Her baby wanted to nurse, so she dropped the straps a bit and boom. Nursing and walking a 5K – done and done!
Blogger Oh Lovely Day has a great tutorial and video on how to nurse while babywearing.
Hope you got a giggle and some ideas!
Do you have anything else to add to this list? Inspire other parents! What are you proud of doing while babywearing?
Post contains affiliate links.